Metals and what not...

Tell us what you think would make the game awesome.

Metals and what not...

Postby Zanahade » Fri May 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Medicine Storm and I had a conversation last weekend that I thought would be kind of important here for everyone else to input on...
basically, (feel free to correct me on anything Medicine Storm) there could be a number of metals like Iron, Copper, Silver, Gold, Titanium, $2, etc. these metals would all have a sort of material DNA that could be used to mathematically map how they would interact with each other in alloys and as material components them selves. Then instead of having to figure out every possible material that could come out of mixing and there individual properties, you could simply calculate it. You could make thinks like Steel, Bronze, $2, and even $2.This premise could be used in a number of other areas like potions, spells, etc.

You want to add anything or elaborate Medicine Soup?
Peace, Love, and Free Software.

-Zanahade
Zanahade
Creator
Creator

Re: Metals and what not...

Postby MedicineStorm » Sun May 17, 2009 7:19 pm

This would open up a big smithing component to the game. Players would not only be able to create blades, spears, armor, etc. They would be able to dictate the item's properties based on the material used to craft them.

Each knife could have stats like:
  • keenness or sharpness dictating the blade's basic damage$1
  • durability dictating the blade's ability to withstand more uses (after the blade is used [durability] number of times, the blade breaks and has to be repaired)$1
  • weight affecting the blade's speed in battle. (Heavier blades are harder to swing, but might do more damage)$1
  • enchantablity dictating the blade's ability to hold an enchantment like +5 fire damage
  • $1
    The material used to craft the knife could affect these stats. Iron is heavier than silver, but it is also more durable and can hold a keener edge. Gold is softer and less durable than steel, but it can hold a much more powerful enchantment. Obsidian is very sharp and can hold a very keen edge, but it is brittle and not as durable as bronze.
MedicineStorm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Metals and what not...

Postby Ventor24 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:18 pm

I think that this idea is a Grand Idea!!! It would be easier for the player to think remember and recall metals, and there ability's, which in turn they can get a quick assessment of about how good there weapon may be......
Ventor24--A Creator Created by the Creator of the World Made to Create things...
Ventor24
Creator
Creator

Return to Suggestions and Ideas