On Website

Tell us what you think would make the game awesome.

On Website

Postby MrSchaa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:39 am

When looking at all the maps available is it possible to make it so when you click on the preview image it loads the preview image in a bigger capacity? Or is the quality of the images to low to really help in that way at all?
MrSchaa
Developer
Developer

Re: On Website

Postby Bigkahoonaberger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 am

Medicine storm might have to answer this but i would think that at 62 x 62 pixels (that is what i have been able to get to work) we might be able to zoom a little but the quality will go downhill real quick by the time we about triple the size. triple the size at same res might be ok tho, again we have to wait for Storms reply.
Bigkahoonaberger
Developer
Developer

Postby MedicineStorm » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:31 am

The preview images are at (or around) 64x64 pixels and are displayed at 64x64 pixels. The image you see is about as good as the preview will get. I could make it zoom-in, but it really won't get any more detailed. The reason for the small size restriction on preview images is because it would make the page take forever to load if the previews are too big.

I am hoping to implement a feature of the map editor that should help with how much of a pain it is to "download the map, open the editor, load it, wait for it to pixel-render" just to be able to see the map in detail:

By associating the .map files with the editor, you will be able to download a map (pretty small files, shouldn't take too long on the download) and click "open" when it reaches 100%. Windows will auto-open the map in the map editor and the graphics will be pre-rendered, so it won't take as long to load complex map files anymore. No promises, but I will try to get these features out in the next Editor release.

BTW: the problem where some 64x64 previews wouldn't upload should be fixed, let me know if anyone still has that problem.
MedicineStorm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigkahoonaberger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 pm

As always Storm, the right fix not the quick fix, good job.
Bigkahoonaberger
Developer
Developer

Return to Suggestions and Ideas