Bored

Anything for which there is currenty no forum designated, or anything that does not fall into any other forum category.

Bored

Postby vicen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 am

I need to know when the game will be ended. And need to know if you will use my sound works, because, i´m working in other games and I could use this effects. But don´t think I´m angry, I love your game, and I really want to see my sound on it. Please, answer me: do you will use my sounds? Yes or no?
vicen

Re: Bored

Postby MedicineStorm » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:59 pm

color=#0000FF]...[/color]do you will use my sounds? Yes or no?
Yes we would like to use your sound effects. Most of them will need audio quality improvements before we release the game, but they work great during the development stages.

color=#0000FF]...[/color]need to know if you will use my sound works, because, i´m working in other games and I could use this effects.
Sorry, we were never under the assumption we had exclusive access to your audio. If you wish to use the effects you submitted to us in another project, you may. You still maintain all rights to your sound effects and what you do with them is your decision, but we do appreciate you asking us before using the effects elsewhere. That is very considerate of you, but not required.

Or are you saying you would like to use the sound effects in another project that is exclusive, meaning if you use the audio in that other project then we cannot use it in this project?

I can understand getting restless when you don't see much happening. Rest assured progress is being made. ;) We'll try to make the activity more apparent and publicly visible. :)
MedicineStorm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby vicen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Oh. Dont worry. I feel proud. I want my sounds only in your project. Sorry if i look a little dumb but read english is hard to me, so i dont use the forum. I just check the website looking for some new versions with my sounds on it or maybe my name on the creators list.
vicen

Postby vicen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 am

ah, and other thing: tell me more about that quality improvement, please; i´m very interested.
vicen

Postby MedicineStorm » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Sure. :)

Most of the sound effects currently have a reverb or echo effect in them. Sound effects with reverb are only applicable to a small set of environments in the game. There may be several environments where reverb is appropriate, but they each may need a different level (or type) of reverb. It is fairly easy for us to apply an appropriate reverb to any environment-neutral "ambient" sound effect, but removing reverb from a pre-rendered sound effect is nearly impossible. For this reason, we will eventually need a version of each sound effect with no reverb at all.

Many sound effects seem to have a muffled effect, as if the player is hearing the sound through a wall or thick barrier. For example, some of the hammering sound effects don't sound like an actual hammer, or they sound as if a low-pass filter was applied to them. Some other effects have some broadband noise in the background. The noise is not always apparent, but in a game environment it becomes obvious that it doesn't belong and can be very distracting to the player. Ideally, we need sound effects recorded in a place that is as acoustically-neutral and noise-free as possible with no filters and no environment-specific after-effects. For instance the sound of "gobling screaming in a cave" is not as useful as "goblin screaming". We can always add after-effects later as we need.

Let me know if you need more specific information.
MedicineStorm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off-topic discussions