We have a new fan page! If you like what you see here, show your enthusiasm by liking us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProjectUtumno. We'll announce big updates and new features there as well. Visit, subscribe, share, or post scathing hate-filled comments ridiculing our moms and/or sexual habits! As long as you're a fanatic, you're welcome!
Are you tired of those games with fantastic graphics but no game play?
Want an experience that is new and unexplored every time you go through it?
If the answer is yes, you've come to the right place! Project Utumno will have all
the things you want:
Come join us in a majtastical (fantastic + magical) world of dragons and wizards, warriors and demons, enchantments and treasures. Explore dungeons, towers,
castles, wastelands, tundras, and beastly lairs.
- In-depth game play.
- Not-fantastic graphics.
- Involving storyline that can change drastically depending on how you play.
- Neptillions of skills, abilities, spells, and items! (neptillion = 1 x 10 to the [lots] power)
- Hundreds of monsters, adventures, and quests.
- Sprinkled liberally with fun-ness and extract-of-awesome.
Currently, the game is in development. Below is some information about Project Utumno:
Interested? Like what you see so far? Tell your friends! If you would like to be kept up-to-date on all the developments of Project Utumno, or
if you would like to participate in the beta test release of the game email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Utumno is a Rogue-Like fantasy adventure game.
- If you are looking for the old isometric roguelike Utumno game by Matt Craighead, we are maintaining it in our Archive. Also available for download.
- "Project Utumno" is not the final game title. We just haven't decided what the best title is. The going title so far is "Shards of Mervare"
- Platforms: Linux, Mac, & Windows for sure... Android, iPhone, Nokia, & Blackberry if we can.
- Multi-player/Single-player: Single-Player first, with serious plans for a Multi-Player version after that.
- 2D/3D view: 2D 3/4 overhead view (same as other roguelike games.)
- Active-turn based/real-time: Realtime if we can swing it.
- Free/one-time charge/advertising sponsor/yearly fee/donations: undecided, but we know we want everyone to enjoy it, so if we have to charge, we will make it as cheap as possible.
- Project phase: Pre-Alpha development and testing. If you want to help or have some suggestions, now is the time to let us know.
- Graphics: primarily made up of David Gervais (and some Henk Brouwer) 32x32 pixel tiles (used with their express permission.) We are constantly improving the graphics selection by adding our own custom work. Avatars, Graphical
User Interfaces, cut scenes, and a few tiles are created specifically for Project Utumno (by Taldarian & Medicine Storm.) If you want to help with artwork, let us know.
We would love to incorporate it into the game.
- Please explore our other features as well:
- Check out the latest screen-shots in the Downloads section
- Try the latest version of the game! (COMING SOON. Subscribe to our notification list if you'd like to be notified when it's released.)
- Download the latest Development software, graphics, music, and sound effects in the Downloads section (Developers only)
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest Project Utumno information in the News section
- Discuss story ideas, game mechanics, troubleshoot problems, and request resources in the Forum
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions area or contact us if you want additional information or if you want to know how you can help out.
- Help us make a fantastic game by donating. We aren't getting paid, we just want to make a great game. Any amount helps and we may even give special sneak peeks and other exclusive privileges to sponsors.
- Visit our Links to see where we got some of our resources and inspiration.
- Check out the Archive for information on the oldschool Utumno game by Matt Craighead.
Have some ideas for the game? Got some artwork or music you think we could use? Have a suggestion for a game title, quest, theme, or dungeon?
Want to help make the game awesomER? Send us your stuff and ideas! We'd love to put them in the game.*